Day One: Local pick-up & travel to Dover. Ferry to Calais. Onward travel to your accommodation in Paris (3* B&B for three nights). Check-in & evening free.
Day Two: Depart after breakfast with visits to the Louvre (morning) & Musée d'Orsay (afternoon):
- The Louvre
is an historic monument in its own right. It contains more than 380,000 objects & displays 35,000 works of art, from the reign of Francis I in the 16th century up to 1848.
- The range of paintings include Italian, Spanish, French & Northern Schools with works by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Tiepolo, Rubens, Murillo, David, Delacroix, Géricault & Ingres
- The Louvre also houses Islamic Art, Egyptian, Greek & Roman antiquities, sculptures & decorative arts.
- The Musée d'Orsay
has the largest collection of Impressionist & Post-Impressionist paintings in the world. Degas, Renoir, Monet, Courbet, Pissarro, Gauguin, Cezanne & Vuillard are particularly well represented. A "foreign" section includes Burne-Jones, van Gogh, Whistler, Munch & Klimt.
- The museum also houses a sculpture collection, a photographic collection with images dating back to 1839, objets d'art, graphic arts & architecture.
Evening free in Paris or option of a cruise on the River Seine. An evening meal in a Parisian restaurant can also be added to your tour.
Day Three: On this day, as an example, we have included a further gallery visit (Pompidou Centre) in the morning with sight-seeing in the afternoon.
- Pompidou Centre:
An icon of 20th century architecture, appropriately housing Europe's leading collection of modern & contemporary Art ranging from 1905 to the present day.
- The original core collection includes works by Matisse, Bonnard, Delaunay, Braque & Picasso with subsequent additions including paintings by Magritte, Mondrian, Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol & Yves Klein.
- Other collections relate to Architecture & Design, drawings, photography & new media.
Champs Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Tuileries Gardens, Notre Dame Cathedral or visit Montmartre.
Depart for Calais & ferry crossing to Dover. Return to your local drop-off point. A hypermarket visit can be included en-route.